This year's National Voter Registration Day broke the previous record set for new registered voters in a single day.
Last week, more than 800,000 people signed up to vote in the upcoming midterms. That's more than the 771,000 first-time voters who registered in 2016.
Voter registration for the midterms is still open across the country. The deadline to register is October 9.
- Record 800,000 Registered to Vote in a Day
- City of Florence plans $800,000 in upgrades to Veterans Park
- Athens State University urges students to register to vote
- North Alabamians register to vote for midterm elections
- Colbert Co. Emergency Management: At least $800,000 in flood damage reported
- List of where you can register to vote, what time local offices close
- There's a big push in 2018 to get young people to register to vote
- Registered sex offender charged with beating girlfriend
- Register now for Clays for CASA fundraiser
- Guntersville sex offender charged for not registering