On Friday, Governor Kay Ivey released the Rebuild Alabama bill.
Ivey's office says the bill will be filed in the Alabama Legislature by Representative Bill Poole, ahead of the 2019 Regular Session, which begins on Tuesday.
“I look forward to working with members of the Alabama Legislature to address our critical infrastructure needs across Alabama. We have waited far too long to tackle this issue and Alabama lags far behind our neighboring states. This is a hard issue, and we certainly have a lot of hard work ahead of us, but now is the time to Rebuild Alabama,” said Ivey, in a statement released by her office on Friday.
- Read: Governor Kay Ivey's Rebuild Alabama bill
- Read: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's inaugural speech
- Read Alabama Governor Kay Ivey's State of the State Address
- Kay Ivey elected Governor of Alabama
- Governor Kay Ivey to sign several bills into law
- Governor Kay Ivey addresses Alabama's need for more prisons
- Governor Kay Ivey calls Alabama Legislature into Special Session
- Governor Kay Ivey signs Alabama’s abortion ban into law
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signs chemical castration bill
- Will Gov. Kay Ivey sign Alabama’s abortion ban bill?