This restaurant in the Shoals is shut down while police investigate a possible sexual assault.
Police found a 19 year old woman unresponsive in the 72 roadhouse restaurant on Highway 72 in Rogersville.
Police did arrest David Calvert, the manager of the restaurant, for contributing to the delequency of a minor. Two other employees were also arrested for outstanding warrants.
The 72 Roadhouse Restaurant is still a crime scene. You can see tape up around the building and the police tell us they have padlocked the place while they continue to investigate what happened to the 19 year old victim.
Rogersville police told WAAY 31 they got a 911 call from the victim's friend saying she was being forced to do sexual things or was about to be sexually assaulted. Police showed up to do a welfare check on the victim, who also works at the restaurant, and found her unresponsive and barely breathing. The victiem was rushed to Eliza Coffee Memorial Hospital where a rape kit was performed. Police have not arrested anyone for assault while they wait to get the rape kit results back. They are also investigating to see if she was drugged.
Rogersville police did tell us when they showed up, the restaurant's manager, who is in the process of buying the restaurant, was drunk. Police also arrested Ashlynn Fulghum, the bartender at the restaurant for outstanding warrants. The cook, Jerry Griffin, was arrested for drug warrants and Rogersville police also found pot and pills on him.
Police tell us Rogersville city council plans to hold an emergency meeting to possibly take away this restaurant's liquor license. The victime was released from the hospital.
- Rape investigation in Rogersville shuts down restaurant
- Fire closes Rogersville barbecue restaurant
- UPDATE: Manager of a Rogersville restaurant charged with attempted rape
- Three more abuse cases opened linked to Rogersville restaurant
- Man charged in Rogersville stabbing
- Kitchen fire temporarily shuts down Arab restaurant
- Rogersville man killed in late-night wreck
- Rogersville man dies in Friday morning crash
- Rogersville woman identified in deadly Limestone County wreck
- Governor Kay Ivey issues $5,000 reward in unsolved Rogersville murder