High schoolers went home early from Randolph School Tuesday due to illnesses at the school, and classes were cancelled for Wednesday as school staff prepared to sterilize the classrooms.
The closure was in light of "unusually high rates of faculty and student absence," according to a message on the school's website.
School let out at Randolph's Garth Road campus just before noon. The Drake Avenue campus, which houses kindergarten through 8th grade, will have classes as scheduled, according to the website.
Classes and afterschool activities for the high school were cancelled for Wednesday to allow employees to sterilize classrooms and to allow students and teachers time to get well.
- Randolph School shuts down due to illness
- Randolph School's Big Post-Season Goals
- Randolph soccer player sets school record
- Sexual abuse allegations made against former Randolph School faculty member
- Randolph School in Huntsville releases details of sexual misconduct probe
- Randolph School boy's basketball gets a new coach
- Flanagan leaving Randolph for Shoals Christian
- Marshall County schools closed Monday and Tuesday due to illnesses
- Lincoln Co. Schools closed Wednesday due to absentees, illnesses
- Some local school districts closing due to illness