Rainsville police are looking for a person who tried to help a car crash victim.
Chief Kevin Smith of the Rainsville Police Department said his officers were dispatched to County Road 505 about 5:52 p.m. Wednesday in reference to a fatal single-car accident.
A passerby stopped and performed CPR on the victim but left prior to law enforcement’s arrival, Smith said, adding that his department would like to talk to this individual about the crash.
That person, a possible witness who could have information important to the investigation, is asked to contact the department at 256-638-2157 or in person.
Smith also asks anyone who saw the crash to contact his department.
Smith said officers from Rainsville Police, DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office, Alabama State Troopers, Rainsville Fire and Rescue and Blake Community Fire and Rescue responded.
- Rainsville police seek person who tried to help fatal crash victim
- Former Rainsville Police officer arrested for theft
- Rainsville sports complex getting new security enhancements
- Rainsville police arrest suspects in weekend burglary investigation
- Work begins next week to replace Rainsville bridge
- Rainsville Fire and Rescue save man from house fire
- Huntsville, Rainsville companies receive trade awards from Gov. Kay Ivey
- Repairs on the way for damaged bridge in Rainsville
- Rainsville City Council looking at raising first responders' wages
- Update:Police identify victim in fatal Huntsville wreck