Clouds will continue increasing Thursday night and Friday. Thursday evening will cool through the 60s and into the 50s by 7 PM. Temperatures will drop toward 50 by Friday morning. While we will be a little bit warmer, we will be cool enough for jackets first thing Friday morning.
Although clouds will be building, Friday will likely stay dry during the day. Last night on WAAY 31 News at 10, we noticed a trend of slower arrival of the rain. That could bode well for the high school football games Friday night. Rain will start increasing between 7 PM and 10 PM, but the biggest part of the rain may hold off until after midnight.
The rain will end as a cold front passes through the Tennessee Valley on Saturday. That's a little bit faster than earlier data suggested, but it's good news for the Alabama vs. Tennessee game up in Knoxville. Kickoff is at 2:30 PM at 60 degrees. Odds are the rain will have finished by then. Auburn vs. Ole Miss in Oxford may still have some rain lingering through the first half, but rain will gradually diminish. Kickoff is at 11:00 AM at 61 degrees.
The Drought Monitor update this week is virtually unchanged. Abnormally dry conditions are widespread along and west of I-65 over the Shoals. Moderate drought conditions are shown right along the Alabama-Mississippi state line. Above normal rainfall is expected over the next two weeks, which could be beneficial to preventing the drought's attempt at resurgence.
- Rain's arrival shows signs of slowing on Friday Night
- Severe weather slowing its arrival Thursday
- Heavy rain arrives tonight
- Showers arrive Friday morning
- 8/23 Friday Night Football Show
- Tracking rain for Friday night
- Warmer today, rain arrives Thursday
- Rain arrives around lunchtime, continues through early Friday
- Week 8 Friday Night Football Show
- Week 10 Friday Night Football Show