Starting today, the sun is taking somewhat of a hiatus for the next week. Spotty showers this morning evolve into a round of light to moderate rain by the evening drive. Expect your Friday night plans top be wet, but the rain will taper by Saturday morning. Tomorrow will be cool and mostly cloudy but dry. Another wave of showers is in order Saturday night and Sunday morning and we'll keep light rain off and on through Monday.
Tuesday marks the start of the heaviest rain and thus concern for flash flooding and rising water through the end of the work week. Multiple data sources are projecting at least 4 to 6 inches of rain to fall Tuesday through Friday with rain totals for the next 7 days between 6 to 9 inches. If this persistent heavy rain with embedded storms materializes as expected, flooding issues are likely. Temperatures are not much of a topic of conversation as highs stay in the 50s and 60s with lows in the 40s and 50s.
- Rain ramps up through next week
- Increasing Rain Chance This Week
- Rain returns later this week
- Huntsville Police ramp up recruiting efforts
- Chance For Rain Increases Late This Week
- Several rounds of rain this week
- Rain doesn't look promising this week
- Drenching rain to start the work week
- Police ramping up efforts to catch lead footed drivers
- Staying Mostly Dry Tuesday, Rain Returns Later This Week