Huntsville's official Memorial Day celebration was cancelled Monday due to rain moving through the area.
Instead of the longer event, which would have included music, the event was scaled back to a moment of silence and some comments from speakers.
This is the first year the event has been held at the Veterans Memorial in downtown Huntsville. In the past, it was held at Maple Hill Cemetery.
- Rain cancels Memorial Day ceremony at Huntsville memorial
- Will rain impact your Memorial Day plans?
- Huntsville's Veterans Day parade cancelled
- UPDATE: Huntsville police say Memorial Day shooting was accidental
- The lane closure on the northbound South Memorial Parkway cancelled
- Heat builds by Memorial Day Weekend
- Memorial Parkway, Mastin Lake reopens
- Family sets up memorial for murdered Huntsville woman
- Huntsville Police investigating robbery at Regions Bank on Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville Police unveil memorial brick for officer Keith Earle