The Crimson Tide have reportedly struck a deal with Utah State to host the Aggies in 2022 but it sounds like it's coming at a hefty price.
According to college football insider Brett McMurphy, Alabama will pay Utah State a whopping $1.91 million to come to Tuscaloosa in 2022. If those figures are true, it would mark the third highest amount ever shelled out to a visiting team.
Sources: Alabama adds 2022 home game w/Utah State. Bama will pay Aggies $1.91 million, 3rd highest amount ever for a visiting team. Florida paid Colorado State $2M (as part of McElwain buyout) for 2018 game & Auburn paid Tulane $1.937M for 2019 game
— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) May 2, 2018
As of this writing, neither school has announced the game.
- REPORT: Alabama pays big money to play Utah State
- Alabama teachers getting pay raise
- Big recruits land in Alabama
- Police report: Tesla in Autopilot sped up before Utah crash
- Utah trooper hit by vehicle
- Alabama lawmaker indicted, charged with paying kickbacks
- Alabama committee approves equal pay legislation
- Senate approves Alabama equal pay legislation
- Alabama releases school report cards
- Roy Moore asking for money to pay his lawyers