Upscale outdoor retailer REI will open their first store in Alabama at the new MidCity development in Huntsville. RCP, the developer of the MidCity, made the formal announcement on Tuesday. The store is one of just 150 REI locations in America. The store offers classes for people interested in outdoor activity. Once complete, the REI store will fill 20,000 square feet at the mixed-use development which sits on the site of the former Madison Square Mall off University Drive.
REI is the latest business to announce plans for a location at MidCity. Other chains include Dave and Busters, Wahlburgers, and High Point Climbing. TopGolf opened a location at MidCity last December.
- REI to open first Alabama store at MidCity development
- Two new restaurants announced for MidCity development
- New hotel announced for MidCity Huntsville development
- MidCity Huntsville announces new developments as Topgolf nears opening
- Duluth Trading Co. opens first Alabama store at Town Madison
- People in Huntsville look forward to Dave & Buster's coming to MidCity
- City of Huntsville passes nearly $4 million contract for new amphitheater at MidCity
- Restaurants and stores open on Christmas Day
- Alabama House approves ethics exemption for economic developers
- Grand opening at Stovehouse development in Huntsville planned for Friday