Attorney General Steve Marshall on Thursday announced the indictment and arrest of Michael Anthony Blakely, the sheriff of Limestone County, on 13 counts of theft and ethics charges.
Blakely, 68, surrendered to authorities and was later released on $49,000 bond.
The indictment includes 13 charges that cover a range of conduct over multiple years.
Read the full indictment below.
Mobile users can see it HERE
- READ: Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely indictment documents
- Limestone County Commission, Sheriff's Office issue statements on arrest of Sheriff Mike Blakely
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely arrested on 13 theft and ethics charges
- Limestone County Sheriff Mike Blakely could face no jail time if convicted
- Limestone County Democrats respond to sheriff's indictment
- Sheriff's office, legal team talk after Limestone County sheriff indicted
- Limestone County Commission says sheriff's indictment won't impact public safety
- Limestone Co. Sheriff’s Office investigator filed sexual discrimination lawsuit against Sheriff Blakely and Chief Sloss
- Documents: Limestone County mother arrested after 2-year-old eats meth
- Court documents reveal dynamics in slain Limestone County household