A state prisoner in Springville was killed Saturday. The Alabama Department of Corrections is investigating the homicide.
The corrections department says 24-year-old Terrance Andrews (left in photo) was killed during a fight with another inmate. They've identified that suspected inmate as 35-year-old Cedris Leshawn Davis (on right).
The fight happened Saturday afternoon in a housing area inside the St. Clair Correctional Facility. Officers found Andrews unresponsive with mulitple stab wounds.
Andrews wsa taken to the prison's infirmary where he was pronounced dead.
Davis is serving a life sentence for a 2006 murder in Baldwin County. Andrews was serving 25 years for a robbery in Mobile County.
- Prisoner stabbed to death by another inmate
- Inmate stabbed to death at Elmore County prison
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Inmate escapes from Montgomery prison
- Inmate fatally stabbed in Bibb County
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed, several others injured
- Alabama inmate killed inside state prison
- Death row inmate sues after 'botched' execution
- Death of Alabama inmate ruled suicide
- Lawsuits settled over Madison County inmate deaths