LONDON (AP) - Britain's royal palace says Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle are engaged and will marry in the spring of 2018.
The announcement came Monday from the office of Harry's father, Prince Charles.
The announcement says the couple became engaged earlier this month. It says 36-year-old Markle has met Queen Elizabeth II, and Harry also has received the blessing of Markle's parents.
Harry, 33, is fifth in line to the British throne.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle to wed next year
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry expecting first child
- Bridesmaids revealed: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce bridal party
- Meghan Markle confirms her father won't attend royal wedding
- Trump says he didn't talk to Prince Harry about 'nasty' Meghan comment
- Fans tune into 'Harry & Meghan' Lifetime movie
- How Meghan Markle will use her royal voice
- Meghan Markle's mother is having tea with the Queen
- Meghan Markle making a trip back to the US
- Queen Elizabeth and Meghan Markle's first royal outing together