Chief Williams with Priceville police says the family of a man reported missing says they have made contact with him.
Bertram Lakes Moore, 64, was reported missing after his family hadn't heard from him in more than 24 hours. On Friday, Moore's family said he told them he was in jail during the time he was reported missing. Priceville police tried to confirm that, but they could not find any record of that.
Police say Moore is a FedEx driver from out-of-state, and his FedEx truck was parked at the Pilot Travel Center Thursday night, but he couldn't be found. He is diabetic, and police weren't sure if he'd had a medical incident walking from his truck and was in danger.
Priceville police, the Priceville Fire Department, the Morgan County Rescue Squad and K-9s from the Limestone County Sheriff's Office assisted in the search of the travel center, a building adjacent from it and the nearby woods.
- Priceville police: Family says missing man said he was in jail
- Priceville police: Multiple agencies searching for man reported missing near Pilot Travel Center
- Decatur woman killed in crash outside Priceville
- Priceville honors Veterans with parade and ceremony
- 500 apartments, townhouses planned for Priceville property
- Priceville Police: Snow cancels crime, ‘really dumb things’
- Former Austin DC named Priceville's new football coach
- New fire station coming to Priceville, officials say
- Skilled to Work: Workforce program coming to Priceville, officials say
- TVA investigating after hikers find bones in Priceville