9:54 a.m. update: Power was restored to all customers at 9:09am.
The outage was caused when a bracket broke, causing a section of primary line to fall.
Service was re-routed and the line was repaired.
8:58 a.m. update: Power has been restored to the majority of customers in the previously reported area. There are still small pockets of customers without power, and Huntsville Utilities Electric Operations crews are still in the area working towards 100% restoration.
Huntsville Utilities reports there is a power outage in north Huntsville from Stringfield Road south to Grizzard Road and from Jordan Lane east to Pulaski Pike.
Crews have been dispatched and service will be restored as quickly as possible, said Todd Long, company spokesperson.
Law enforcement reports traffic lights are impacted.
- Power outage reported in north Huntsville; now restored
- UPDATE: Power restored in north Huntsville
- Update: Power restored in North Huntsville
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Power restored to majority of downtown Huntsville
- Widespread power outages reported across Huntsville, Madison County
- Wreck in southwest Huntsville causes power outage
- Madison power back after outage
- Crews working to restore power in NE Huntsville
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities crews restore power to Southwest Madison Co.