9:54 a.m. update: Power was restored to all customers at 9:09am.
The outage was caused when a bracket broke, causing a section of primary line to fall.
Service was re-routed and the line was repaired.
8:58 a.m. update: Power has been restored to the majority of customers in the previously reported area. There are still small pockets of customers without power, and Huntsville Utilities Electric Operations crews are still in the area working towards 100% restoration.
Huntsville Utilities reports there is a power outage in north Huntsville from Stringfield Road south to Grizzard Road and from Jordan Lane east to Pulaski Pike.
Crews have been dispatched and service will be restored as quickly as possible, said Todd Long, company spokesperson.
Law enforcement reports traffic lights are impacted.
- Power outage reported in north Huntsville; now restored
- Power mostly restored after outages reported in Madison, North Huntsville
- UPDATE: Power restored in north Huntsville
- Update: Power restored in North Huntsville
- Huntsville Utilities reporting multiple power outages
- Update: Power restored following outage in south Huntsville
- Widespread power outages reported across Huntsville, Madison County
- Power restored to majority of downtown Huntsville
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Update: Decatur Utilities restores powers after large outage