Police in Dallas said a woman confessed she shot and killed her husband because he beat their pet cat, the Dallas Morning News reported.
Mary Hinson is charged with murder for the death of her husband, Dexter. She said she shot him during an argument on Saturday morning.
Neighbors told reporters the couple moved to the neighborhood with their teenage sons a few months ago.
Hinson is in the Dallas County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Police: woman killed husband because he beat cat
- S.C. woman accused of killing husband with eye drops
- Husband of online exhibitionist indicted in killing
- Arab police arrest man for stalking, theft, killing cat
- Author of "How To Kill Your Husband' arrested for killing her husband
- Police identify woman killed in Decatur
- Woman charged with poisoning husband with eye drops
- Woman's purse, late husband's wallet stolen at Decatur hospital
- Chicago police ‘recruits’ new ‘pawfficer’ – Gizmo the police cat
- Mountain lion breaks into Colorado home, kills house cat