Photo Gallery 4 Images
Decatur police are looking for a man who they said tried to spend counterfeit money at a business in the city.
Police released surveillance video from April 4 of the man and a vehicle. According to police, the man went into the business and used a counterfeit $50 bill to buy some items.
The man is about 5'10" and 160 pounds and appears to be between 40-45 years old, police said. He was driving an older-model blue Volkswagen Jetta with an out-of-state tag.
Anyone with information about the man's identity is asked to contact Detective Ferguson at the Decatur Police Department Financial Crimes Unit at 256-341-4669.
The issue of counterfeit money being used in the city has increased in the last month, police said.
- Police searching for counterfeiting suspect
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Huntsville police search for man seen cashing counterfeit checks
- Huntsville Police arrest suspect on counterfeit money charges
- Athens Police arrest third suspect in recent counterfeit money crimes
- Decatur police need help finding counterfeit money suspects
- Police searching for robbery suspects
- Police searching for burglary suspects
- Decatur Police seeing increase in counterfeit money
- How to spot counterfeit money