HENRICO, Va. (AP) - Police in Virginia who responded to a report of an active shooter around a Henrico County middle school say they've found no evidence of any shooting.
Henrico County Police spokesman Lt. Matt Pecka says police got a 911 text indicating there was an active shooter in the same block as Moody Middle School. Pecka says authorities discovered no evidence of a shooter or of any gunfire when they arrived.
There were no injuries.
- Police respond to active shooter report near Virginia school
- Police respond to active shooter in downtown Cincinnati
- Police respond to false active shooter alarm at Hampton Cove Middle School
- First responders train for active shooter situations at Grissom High
- Lockdown lifted at Jackson State after active shooter report
- Redstone Arsenal trains for active shooter situation
- Limestone County school officials, authorities practice active shooter training
- Florence police take precautions in case of an active shooter
- Huntsville Police Department prepares hundreds for active shooter situation
- Redstone Arsenal is more prepared for an active shooter situation