CINCINNATI (AP) — Police say four people are dead, including the gunman, in a downtown Cincinnati bank shooting.
Police Chief Eliot Isaac said the shooter opened fire early Thursday morning at the loading dock of the Fifth Third Bank building.
Isaac said the gunman then entered the bank’s lobby where he exchanged gunfire with the shooter. It’s unclear if the gunman shot himself or was shot by officers.
One of the victims died at the scene.
Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley said the gunman was “actively shooting innocent victims” and that it was a “horrific” scene.
- Police respond to active shooter in downtown Cincinnati
- First responders train for active shooter situations at Grissom High
- Police respond to false active shooter alarm at Hampton Cove Middle School
- Florence police take precautions in case of an active shooter
- Huntsville Police Department prepares hundreds for active shooter situation
- Honeybees found in Cincinnati garage
- Limestone County school officials, authorities practice active shooter training
- Redstone Arsenal is more prepared for an active shooter situation
- Police: naked shooter kills 2 bosses
- Nightclub shooter arrested