Huntsville police now say a shooting that sent two people to the hospital Monday afternoon was an accident.
The call came to police just before 4:30 p.m. after the two victims showed up at Crestwood Hospital.
A Huntsville police department spokesman said the two victims told police the shooting happened on Penny Street.
According to the spokesman, one of the victims was handling a handgun and was shot in the hand. The other was hit by fragments, he said.
Both victims were treated and released from the hospital, police said.
- UPDATE: Huntsville police say Memorial Day shooting was accidental
- Police investigating accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment complex
- Huntsville police arrest suspect after shooting, stabbing near Memorial Parkway
- Huntsville police honored after dangerous shooting along Memorial Parkway
- Memorial Day Commemoration held in downtown Huntsville
- 17-year-old boy dead after accidental shooting at Huntsville apartment
- Rain cancels Memorial Day ceremony at Huntsville memorial
- Police investigating shooting in Huntsville
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting
- Huntsville Police investigating overnight shooting