Law enforcement received a call to a domestic incident shortly after 3 a.m. Thursday morning at a home on County Road 131 in Bryant.
Officials say Tyler Jackson Blackwell, the 25-year-old suspect, was under the influence of methamphetamine and began slashing at the air with a knife in each hand. In the process, he allegedly stabbed his mother in the chest, his stepfather in the arm and his stepbrother in the hand.
"How difficult could it be to stab your mama? It's difficult. We see that with drug users they're not in their right mind," said Deputy Chief Rocky Harnen with the Jackson County Sheriff's office.
The mother and stepfather were taken to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Their condition is still unknown. The stepbrother was treated and released at the scene.
Police say Blackwell was having medical issues when they arrived on the scene because he had eaten methamphetamine before the incident. He is currently receiving medical attention at a hospital in the Jasper, Tennessee area and will face felony charges when he is released.
The investigation is still ongoing.
- Police investigate stabbing incident in Jackson County
- Police investigate fatal stabbing in DeKalb County
- Huntsville police investigating two separate shooting incidents
- Murder-Suicide under investigation in Jackson County
- Fish kill investigation underway in Jackson County
- Jackson County stabbing suspect turns himself into authorities
- Jackson County deputies searching for suspect after stabbing
- Florence police investigate road rage incident at restaurant
- Salvage team recovers suspected Jackson County boat, investigators to inspect
- Murder investigation underway after body found behind Jackson County home