The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into an officer-involved shooting in Arab.
It happened on 5th Avenue North West in Arab where a domestic dispute happened Friday night.
Police official said the man inside was threatning three family members inside the house.
"I was really surprised and a little but afraid. We watched the whole thing out of the window," Carol Johanson said.
Carol Johanson and her family never thought their street would be full of police cars.
Around 10 pm, Arab and Guntersville Police Officers were called to the domestic dispute on 5th Avenue Northwest.
Police said the man inside the house was threatening to shoot family members.
"The police told us to go to the other side of the house. They all had guns and they were walking around," Johanson said.
Officers were able to get the family outside. Police aren't yet saying what promted the shooting.But Johanson tell WAAY 31 what she saw.
"Several times. The police said who he was and told him several times to come out the house with his hands up. They wanted to make sure he was safe. They did this several times," Johanson said.
Officials said after the man was shot by officers he was taken to Huntsville Hospital. No officers were injured.
- Police in Arab open fire on suspect
- Arab police searching for shooting suspect
- Arab police say attempted murder suspect shot in Louisiana
- Arab Senior Center reopens
- Arab police seek identification in shoplifting case
- Arab woman killed in overnight fire identified
- Kitchen fire temporarily shuts down Arab restaurant
- Arab honors veterans in ceremony
- Arab Police warn public of fake $20 bills being used
- Arab police arrest man for stalking, theft, killing cat