Huntsville police and HEMSI paramedics responded to Mae Jemison High School Thursday afternoon after a fight broke out in the hallway by the school cafeteria.
The call came in around 12:40 p.m. Police said the fight began in the cafeteria and continued in the school clinic.
During a Thursday afternoone news conference, Superintendent Matt Akin said three female students were involved in the altercation, and one person used pepper spray.
"They are not allowed to have mace on the property at all," said Akin. "At this point everything is back to normal at Jemison."
Six students were transferred to Huntsville Hospital as a result of the altercation, but the school system now says all were released. A custodian was also taken to the hospital, but Akin says he is unsure whether or not that was directly related to the fight.
Akin says four students were arrested as a result of the fight. Three were arrested for fighting, and the fourth person was charged with disorderly conduct.
Class resumed after 1 p.m.
- Student hospitalized after fight at Jemison High
- Students arrested for Jemison High fight that sent 6 to hospital
- Jemison student hospitalized after fight sues campus security officer
- Jemison High School student hospitalized after car wreck
- Jemison High evacuated after bomb threat
- No charges filed against Jemison High teacher
- 5 students arrested for involvement in brawl at Jemison High School
- Pink Game helping a Jemison coach's daughter fight cancer
- Family, friends, more mourning death of Jemison High teacher
- Jemison High School announces partnership with Auburn University