Two men were found dead in the North Courtland home and investigators suspect carbon monoxide might be the cause.
According to police, Wyman Hampton and John Mays were found last night inside a house on Johnson Lane. Police say the son-in-law of one of the men knocked down a door around 10:15 PM when he couldn’t get a response.
Police Chief Spencer Butler suspects carbon monoxide likely killed the pair. A generator was found inside the home. It was being used to heat the home and had run out of gas.
After the news of the two deaths, Chief Butler said that structures like the one Hampton lived in are meant for storage not living.
Investigators have requested a toxicology report.
- Police: carbon monoxide likely killed 2 North Courtland men
- North Courtland fire department left without firefighters
- January is the worst month for carbon monoxide poisoning
- Carbon monoxide leak leads to Rainbow Elementary School closure, evacuation
- Family grieving after two men die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Lawrence Co.
- Makeshift homes could be outlawed in North Courtland
- Courtland home invasion led to deadly shooting
- Tensions high at North Courtland town hall as mayor faces scandal
- Courtland wants high speed internet to bring in businesses
- Construction worker overcome with carbon dioxide, collapses in Florence tunnel