Huntsville Police have arrested the step-father of the Blossomwood Elementary student who brought a gun to school that accidentally discharged and shot another student in the hand.
The investigation into the shooting led HPD to obtain evidence about the gun, which was originally possessed by Letroy Cole Jr. He was arrested on two charges for unlawfully possessing a stolen firearm as a convicted felon and is currently being held in the Madison County Metro Jail on a $15,000 bond.
Cole was charged by the Chicago Police Department for possession of cannabis in a May 15, 2014 case that was upgraded from a misdemeanor to a felony. He pled guilty and served one year in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Police arrest step-father of Blossomwood student
- Step-father of Blossomwood student faces federal charges
- Shooting at Blossomwood Elementary School
- Neighbors react after string of car break-ins in Blossomwood
- Blossomwood parent writes district judge with ideas to make students safer
- Father and step-mom arrested after body of 5-year-old found in storage unit
- Police say baby bent in half by father has died
- Athens State president stepping down
- Police Arrested Suspect Who Injured Police Officer
- Cherokee student arrested for school threat