Photo Gallery 2 Images
Madison County Sheriff’s Office deputies are searching for the suspect in an early Wednesday morning shooting.
Deputies said a woman was shot at a home off Shields Road near the Mount Carmel Rec Center.
They say it was a domestic situation.
The woman was in critical condition when first responders took her to the hospital. Investigators said she is expected to make a full recovery. Her name has not been released.
Neighbors said they were too shaken to talk about what happened.
The sheriff's office is staying tight lipped about the suspect, until they have him in custody.
"We don't want to damage the integrity of our investigation,” said Brent Patterson, Madison County Sheriff’s Office investigator.
“When you've got investigators with their feet on the ground, out knocking on doors and beating bushes and trying to find any leads that they can find to bring a suspect into custody, that's what we want to do."
Patterson said he believes the shooting is an isolated situation.
However, the sheriff's office did tell us the suspect is believed to be armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact investigators immediately at 256-532-3412 or 256-722-7181.
- Sheriff’s office still looking for ‘armed and dangerous’ Madison County shooting suspect
- Madison County Sheriff's Office wants help identifying armed robbery suspect
- Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating overnight shooting
- Limestone County Sheriff’s Office seeks ‘armed and dangerous’ robbery suspect
- Madison County sheriff seeks ATV theft suspect
- UPDATE: Madison County sheriff identifies burglary suspect
- Madison County sheriff seeks Porsche theft suspect
- Madison County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting on Monday night
- Jackson Co. Sheriff's Office: Armed, dangerous suspect wanted after Dollar General robbery
- Madison County Sheriff's Office hiring new deputies