Sheffield police tell WAAY 31 they arrested a man who tried to rape a 64-year old woman Sunday night.
33-year-old Mackenzie Patrick Riede is charged with attempted rape and first degree burglary. He is being held in the Colbert County Jail on $25,000 bond.
Police said Riede broke into the victim's home in the 2800 block of 9th Avenue in Sheffield a little after 11 p.m. Sunday night. Riede used a window to gain access to the home, according to Sheffield Police Chief Greg Ray.
He then stripped down naked, went into the woman's bedroom and got on top of her, according to police. The woman fought him off, and Riede ran from the home, police said.
When he ran from the home, police said Riede left his clothes and his cell phone. Police said the woman also gave them a description that matched Riede.
Once police found him, they said Riede denied everything.
He is being held in the Colbert County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- Police: Would-be rapist left cell phone in victim's home
- Huntsville police searching for cell store robber
- Jury selected in trial of accused Shoals serial rapist
- Man charged in fight that left victim hospitalized
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- Dog left in car dies; police planning charges
- Man arrested after child was left in car, police say
- Police release the name of homicide victim
- Athens Police identify double homicide victims
- Huntsville shooting victim not cooperating with police