Huntsville police say a victim is fighting for his life following a Monday evening shooting.
The shooting happened on Valley Park Drive in north Huntsville.
Police say someone fired multiple shots, and the victim was laying in the street with life-threatening injuries. Police initially thought the victim was on a bicycle, but it appears he was walking on the street when the shooting happened.
Authorities have yet to release the victim's name, and police say they have possible suspects in custody stemming from a nearby vehicle wreck.
WAAY 31 talked to people who live in that neighborhood who described what they heard and saw.
"Bop bop bop bop bop. And then just a matter of seconds later another round goes off like that," said Dian Groce.
Groce said she didn't know anyone had been hit until her husband came home minutes later after seeing the victim being treated by paramedics.
"It appears that he was in bad shape, so I really feel for him," said Clarence Groce.
This shooting puts Clarence and his family on edge.
"Obviously it's very unnerving for me. You know, it makes you concerned about your family," said Clarence.
The Groce family told WAAY 31 their neighborhood didn't used to have incidents like this.
"This has been a very nice, quite, neighborhood over the years, but just here recently these situations have come up," said Clarence.
He said it doesn't just fall on the police to make his neighborhood safe.
"If we as neighbors be more observant and anything that would cause concern be quick to alert the authorities and police hopefully we can get whatever this problem that's been trending; hopefully we can curb that," said Clarence.
- Police: Victim shot in north Huntsville suffering life-threatening injuries
- Shooting victim hospitalized with life-threatening injuries
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Huntsville police identify homicide victim
- One person shot in north Huntsville
- 5-year-old allegedly thrown off balcony at Mall of America being treated for life-threatening injuries: Police
- 1 driver with life-threatening injuries after Research Park, Old Madison Pike wreck
- Man suffers injuries from early morning house fire
- Huntsville police: Man shot after confronting suspects
- Huntsville shooting victim not cooperating with police