Police said a Huntsville Police Department officer was the one who fired a shot that killed a man in a confrontation Tuesday afternoon.
Jeffery Louis Parker, 49, was killed in the shooting that happened around 4:25 p.m. Tuesday near Deramus and Marsh avenues in west Huntsville.
Police said three officers responded to a call about a possibly suicidal person and found Parker with a gun when they arrived.
There was a "brief verbal exchange," and one officer fired a shot at Parker after they told him several times to drop the weapon, police said.
All three officers are on administrative leave, which is the department's policy.
An incident review board will look at the officers' actions and review body camera footage to determine whether they acted within HPD's training and policy standards, police said.
- Police: Officer fired shot that killed suicidal man
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Huntsville Police officer shot
- Mobile Police Officer shot and killed
- Mobile police officer shot and killed
- Huntsville police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Two officers, passerby shot and killed in Belgium
- 4 shot and killed in Canada, 2 victims include police officers
- Man killed by HPD Officer's bullet
- Police: Aryan Nations member shot officer in Tennessee, fled