BRUCETON, Tenn. (AP) - Authorities say a Tennessee girl was found in Florida less than 24 hours after she went missing on Halloween.
Bruceton Police Chief Ronnie Stewart tells the Jackson Sun that the 13-year-old's mother called police Oct. 31 when her daughter failed to meet her after trick-or-treating.
She was found at a gas station in Gainesville, Florida the afternoon of Nov. 1. She was with 34-year-old Joseph Ivan Fallon, whom she had met on a dating app called "Secret."
Fallon is being held in a Gainesville jail, awaiting transfer to Carroll County. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.
The teen is home with her family.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation assisted in the search, but spokeswoman Susan Niland says Bruceton police didn't request an Endangered Child Alert or Amber Alert.
Information from: The Jackson Sun, http://www.jacksonsun.com
- Police: Man met girl, 13, on dating app, took her to Florida
- Huntsville police: Man's home robbed after he met date online
- Madison man pleads guilty to having sex with teen girl he met on an app
- Albertville police: Woman stabs man from former ‘dating type’ relationship
- Apple and Google remove dating apps FTC says expose children to predators
- Police: Man met Huntsville teen for sex via online game, more charges coming
- Met Opera plays to youngest-ever audience
- Vice President met with Supreme Court candidates
- Man accused of sharing lewd photos with girl via Whisper app
- Huntsville Championship has new date