Huntsville Police say one man is dead after a shooting at a home on Crestmore Avenue.
Police identified the victim as 57-year-old Sam Mitchell. The Madison County Coroner's office told WAAY 31 Mitchell was shot multiple times.
WAAY 31 spoke to a neighbor who said she tried to save Mitchell after he was shot. The woman did not want to be identified but said she and her mother heard more than eight gunshots around 9:00 p.m. Thursday night. They both went to see if they could help and saw Mitchell lying beside a car. The woman said she started performing CPR while her mother called 911.
Huntsville police pronounced Mitchell dead at the scene and taped off the area for more than three hours while they investigated.
WAAY 31 learned from Police that Mitchell was shot outside his home on Clopton Street back in June. However, investigators have not said if the June shooting is related to Thursday night's shooting.
Police are not releasing any information about suspects in the case.
WAAY 31 is still working to learn more about the investigation.
- One dead after Huntsville shooting on Crestmore Avenue
- One dead in Deramus Avenue shooting
- Two victims injured in shooting at Harden Avenue in Huntsville
- Huntsville Police respond to shooting on Clinton Avenue
- Huntsville Utilities closing portion of Clinton Avenue
- Two suspects sought after shooting on Hurst Avenue and Hoover Street in Huntsville
- Firefighters respond to fire on Wells Avenue in Huntsville
- New bakeshop to join The Avenue in downtown Huntsville
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closes Clinton Avenue lane
- Traffic alert: Huntsville Utilities closing part of Clinton Avenue