A Hartselle woman is behind bars after her mother identified her as a suspect in a debit card theft case.
The mother filed a police report November 4 when she noticed her wallet was stolen, and investigators were able to find surveillance video where a suspect made purchases using the card.
Investigators showed the mother the video, and she identified the suspect as her daughter, who currently lives with her.
The daughter, Ashley Danielle Thomas, is accused of making approximately $1,200 worth of purchases using the card.
Thomas turned herself into authorities, and she faces a count of fraudulent use of a credit card.
She remains in the Morgan County Jail on a $1,000 bond.
- Police: Hartselle mother identifies daughter as theft suspect with surveillance video
- Hartselle police searching for forgery suspect
- Huntsville Police trying to identify theft suspects
- Police need help identifying theft suspects
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Security video leads police to suspects in package theft case
- Parkland school shooting surveillance video released
- Police: Hartselle woman gives birth to child on cocaine
- Motorcycle wreck leads to Hartselle meth bust, police say