Despite lots of soap, a suspected thief in Decatur fails to make a clean get away.
Count them. Twenty-six bottles of body wash.
That’s what Decatur police say Cleveland Mason, Jr. stole from Hometown Market on 6th Avenue SE.
Detectives say Mason also assaulted Hometown’s manager when the manager tried to stop him.
Mason is charged with 3rd degree robbery. That’s a felony.
He’s locked in the Morgan County jail on a $2,500 bond.
- Police: Decatur man stole 26 bottles of body wash
- Missing Decatur man's body positively identified
- Fort Payne police: Man drove into pharmacy, stole pills
- Decatur police investigating shooting
- Decatur man charged with robbery, fighting police
- Man charged with assaulting Decatur police officers
- Decatur police charge man with meth trafficking
- Decatur police: Missing man safely located
- Decatur police charge man in rape, kidnapping
- Bessemer police chase suspect who stole police car