Larondrick Macklin is in the Morgan County Jail after he was accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s house with a gun. Police in Decatur say she threw hot grease on him, which caused his burns.
A neighbor told WAAY 31 that Macklin lived in the home at one time. They said he entered her apartment through a window and that's when she threw the grease she was using to cook french fries on him.
The report from Decatur police says Macklin broke into the woman’s home last Thursday. It also states that Macklin was the aggressor and the woman used the pot of grease to defend herself from him.
WAAY 31 attempted to talk to the victim at the apartment on Wimberly Drive where the incident happened, but she did not want to speak to us. She did say everything is fine between her and Macklin.
Neighbors said they don’t know of any past problems. One neighbor didn't know the couple personally, but said Macklin was asking for trouble.
"You put a gun on me, I'm gonna try to do something," Earnest Royal, who lives nearby, said. "He get what he deserve, you know? He go to court, whatever he get, he deserve it."
Macklin is charged with first-degree burglary and domestic violence. He is in jail on a $300,000 bond.
- Neighbors react after Decatur man has hot grease thrown in face, gets arrested
- Neighbors react to Decatur Fire
- Neighbors react after kidnapping, robbery in Decatur
- Decatur police: Woman defends herself with hot grease in dispute with burglary suspect
- Huntsville man thrown from car in Decatur crash
- Neighbors react to fatal shooting in Athens
- Neighbors react after woman shot at business
- Athens neighbors react to flooded road
- Neighbors react to construction accident in Huntsville
- Decatur woman facing forgery charges