Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville Police Department spokesman, says both men who fired weapons at last week’s IHOP shooting had gun permits.
Roderick Turner is accused of shooting and killing Roy Brown during an altercation at IHOP on Drake Avenue on Jan. 16.
Jay Brown, the son of Roy Brown, also was shot by Turner, police said. He returned fire.
No charges have been filed in the case, which is headed to a grand jury.
- Police: Both men in Huntsville IHOP shooting had gun permits
- Huntsville Police officers create GoFundMe for IHOP shooting victim's family
- Huntsville employees remember IHOP boss killed in shooting
- Former employees remember man killed in Huntsville IHOP shooting
- Huntsville IHOP shooting victim: Father’s sacrifice saved lives
- Names released after deadly shooting at Huntsville IHOP
- Customers return to Huntsville IHOP after deadly shooting
- Friends paint different picture of Huntsville IHOP shooting suspect
- Police investigating shooting in Huntsville
- Huntsville police investigate robbery shooting