Athens police say a man is facing an assault charge after shooting a 19-year-old Tuesday.
Police say they were called to the scene of the shooting at 1:40 p.m. The shooting occurred in front of an apartment at Higgins Court on Hine Street.
Investigators say a 19-year-old left the scene after he suffered a single gunshot wound, while witnesses told them a description of a vehicle the suspect left in. Officers located the vehicle 20 minutes later and arrested 26-year-old Kevaun Turner. Turner is charged with first-degree assault, and as of 5:00 p.m. Tuesday he was awaiting booking in to the Limestone County Jail.
The victim was transferred to Huntsville Hospital. Police do not have information on his condition at this time.
- Police: Athens man arrested after shooting 19-year-old
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Man arrested and charged with the murder of 19-year-old
- Athens Police arrest gas station robbery suspect
- Man charged after Athens apartment complex shooting
- Athens man arrested for indecent exposure
- Athens police arrest man on sex abuse charges
- Florence police: 19-year-old man reported missing found safe
- Athens police: 2 arrested after man points gun at child, begs officers to shoot him
- Athens man killed in crash