UPDATE: Cullman County Coroner Jeremy Kilpatrick confirmed the two people that died in the plane crash were 40-year-old Tyler Wesley Walker and his daughter, 10-year-old Brooklyn Walker.
UPDATE: The Cullman Regional Airport confirms two people died in the plane crash.
Cullman Regional Airport General Manager Ben Harrison said airways in the area were closed off for nearly 5 hours. The Cullman Police Department, The Cullman County Sheriff's Department, Vineland Fire Department and Cullman Fire Department all responded to the scene.
In a news conference, Harrison said the FAA and the NTSB are handling the investigation. He said they will be out tomorrow and are expected to hold another news conference at noon on Monday, Jan. 6.
NTSB is investigating Sunday’s crash. They say the type of plane involved was a Vans RV-6.
He did say the crash did not happen on a runway, so the airport will stay open throughout the investigation.
Harrison said the agencies have worked on an emergency response plan since 2014 that they executed today.
The Cullman County Emergency Management agencies confirms a plane crashed at the Cullman Regional Airport at around 12:30 p.m.
At this time, we do not know if there were any injuries.
Sources told our sister station in Birmingham ABC 33/40 there are injuries.
WAAY 31 has a reporter on the way to the scene. We will keep you updated both on air and online as soon as we learn more information.
- 2 dead in plane crash at Cullman Regional Airport
- Cullman community mourning loss of victims from plane crash
- 2 killed in Cullman County car crash
- Arab man killed in Cullman County crash
- Cullman County teen killed in crash
- Cullman man dies in Sunday morning crash
- Car crash kills Cullman woman early Sunday
- Hartselle man killed in Cullman area crash
- Grief counselors available at East Elementary School in Cullman County after deadly plane crash
- Officials discuss deadly plane crash in Cullman that killed father and daughter