The Pruitt football family tree continues to grow and now it's branches are stretching to Pisgah high school.
The Eagles have hired Luke Pruitt, the younger brother of Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt to lead their football program.
Pisgah Sports would like to Welcome Coach Luke Pruitt to the Eagle family. Welcome Coach. pic.twitter.com/KcHcA8Bzxt
— Pisgah Athletics (@PisgahSports) May 8, 2018
For the last three seasons, Luke was the defensive coordinator at Albertville High School where his father, Dale Pruitt is the head coach. Before his stop at Albertville he was his dad's offensive coordinator at Plainview High School for seven seasons.
While he's moving away from his dad's staff, he's still not getting away from the family legacy. Dale Pruitt was the head coach at Pisgah from 1982-83.
I’m excited to announce that I am the new Head football coach at Pisgah High School.
— Luke Pruitt (@coach_lpruitt) May 8, 2018
Luke takes over a Pisgah program that went 4-6 the last two seasons.
- Pisgah hires Jeremy Pruitt's brother as next football coach
- Florence hires new football coach
- Jeremy Pruitt believes he can restore Tennessee's reputation
- Jeremy Pruitt disciplined for shouting out his Alma Mater
- Vols ready for second year under Jeremy Pruitt
- Structure catches fire in Pisgah
- Pisgah coach talks concussions after study shows they’re on the rise in football
- Reports: UT closing in on deal to make Rainsville's Jeremy Pruitt new HC
- Arkansas hires SMU's Chad Morris as new football coach
- Former Pisgah clerk indicted for stealing