Photo Gallery 12 Images
Shocking images show the inside of a New Market house that's gotten a lot of complaints from neighbors. They say it is the source of a bad smell in their cul-de-sac.
Pictures from a viewer show wall-to-wall trash piled up in every room. The house also has considerable damage to its walls.
Two neighbors, Jeremy Anderson and Bud Gambrell, said they knew the outside was a mess, but they were in disbelief when they saw the pictures from the inside.
"The word that comes to mind after seeing the pictures is just, wow. I had a mental image of how bad it would be, but it was no where close to the filth that's in that house," said Gambrell.
"There was not a place you could step where there wasn't trash on the floor. It is hard to believe that a family actually lived in that house," Anderson said.
A company bought the abandoned house and started cleaning it out. Then, WAAY 31 learned the house was sold again. The Madison County Health Department said, at the end of April, the new owner had 10 days to get a dumpster to put the trash in. The health inspector said, if that didn't happen, they would be fined for a code violation.
Now, neighbors say the dumpster that was brought to correct the violation has been filled up twice.
The pictures taken of the inside were taken on Monday, May 7th. Neighbors said there is plenty more trash to be emptied from the house.
- Photos: Neighbors concerned about trash build-up at New Market house
- Madison County Health Department responds to neighbors' concerns about trash build-up
- New Market neighbors say dead dog was found in trash-filled house
- House fire on Chadwell Road has neighbors concerned
- Neighbors upset about overflowing trash at Decatur apartments
- Trash Panda Apparel Available!
- Concerned neighbors discuss pool safety after boy nearly drowns
- Athens neighbors concerned about apartments being built near homes
- Neighbors on Moores Mill Road state safety concerns
- With more rain, neighbors concerned about flooding in Limestone Co.