A White House online petition is seeking a funeral with military honors for one of the Florida school shooting victims.
Peter Wang, 15, was one of the 17 students killed in the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.
According to the petition, Wang was wearing his JROTC uniform and holding doors open to help students and staff flee to safety.
"Wand died a hero, and deserves to be treated as such, and deserves a full honors military burial," the petition states.
As of Monday morning, the petition had received more than 22,000 signatures. It needs 100,000 signatures by March 18 to receive an official update from the White House.
Nikolas Cruz, 19, is charged with 17 counts of murder for the shooting.
- Petition started to get school shooting victim military burial
- Walmart starts campaign to hire military spouses
- WWII pilot's remains coming home, set for Arlington burial
- Waffle House shooting victims identified
- Victim in I-565 shooting dies
- Church service and funeral held for Texas school shooting victims
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died
- UNA history student uncovers former slave burial site in Lauderdale County
- Students petitioning University of Alabama in Huntsville's parking price increase
- Thousands sign petition to remove sexist terms from Oxford Dictionaries