Photo Gallery 1 Images
Peter Capote has been found guilty of capital murder in Colbert County. A jury also found Capote guilty first degree assault, and shooting firearm into an automobile.
Capote was charged with capital murder in the shooting death of 19 year-old Kijana Freeman in 2016. Capote was one of five men charged in Freeman’s death.
His co- defendant, Benjamin Young, was found guilty and sentenced to death earlier this year.
The Colbert County District Attorney's Office is seeking the death penalty for Capote.
- Peter Capote found guilty of capital murder
- Peter Capote Murder Trial Starts
- Jury recommends death for Peter Capote
- Benjamin Young found guilty of capital murder in Xbox killing
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Preliminary hearings in capital murder cases delayed
- Capital murder suspect to appear in court
- Trial set in Huntsville capital murder case