Photo Gallery 1 Images
A resident was trapped inside and a firefighter was injured in an early morning fire.
Huntsville Fire & Rescue got a call about at fire at 3511 Cable St. about 12:44 a.m. Sunday, said Capt. Frank McKenzie, department spokesman. Firefighters went through a bedroom window and the front door after neighbors told thems someone was trapped inside.
A person inside the structure was found and removed about 1 a.m., and the fire was put out by 1:19 a.m. It took them 20 minutes to get control of the fire. The building is not believed to be a complete loss, but firefighters say the house had heavy smoke damage. Two people were displaced.
The patient removed from the house was transported as Priority 1.
McKenzie said one firefighter suffered a minor injury, but was checked out by HEMSI able to return to work immediately.