The Madison County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man they describe as a person of interest in the murder of Cedric Lipscomb, the man found shot to death at a home along Turtle Hill Drive on Thursday.
The person of interest is Jumar Sims. He is 5'10', 220 pounds, and might be driving a 2013 grey Nissan.
WAAY-31 dug into Sims past and discovered he was released from the Talladega County Jail on July 15th after his arrest on a charge of attempting to elude. A further check of his criminal history stretches back to 2000. He has numerous arrests for smaller offenses like drug possession and traffic citations.
Anyone with information on Sims whereabouts is asked to immediately call their local law enforcement agency.
- Person of interest identified in Madison County murder
- Person of interest in custody after double murder in Decatur
- UPDATE: Madison County sheriff identifies burglary suspect
- Madison County authorities identify package theft suspect
- Victim identified in Madison County deadly shooting
- Florence police seek to identify 2 persons of interest in night club shooting
- Police investigating murder at Huntsville apartment, person of interest in custody
- Madison County Sheriff's Office makes murder arrest
- Victims identified in Limestone County triple murder
- Person of interest in custody for Birmingham school shooting