A swath of rain, which will be heavy at times, will impact the entire Valley today. It's all coming along and ahead of a cold front, so once the front passes, showers shut off quickly. Expect the morning commute through the lunch hour to feature the heaviest rain. Temperatures start in the 60s this morning. Behind the front, they'll be falling into the low to mid 50s in time for the evening drive. Get ready for breezy conditions, too. A west northwest wind will gust up to 30 mph today.
Tonight, under a mostly clear sky, lows dip into the lower 30s. It will continue to be breezy, but the wind lets up for Wednesday. Sunshine returns briefly for tomorrow and highs are spot on average - in the mid 50s. Clouds increase Thursday and showers are back starting Friday, lingering off and on through at least the weekend.
- Persistent rain impacts the Tuesday commute
- Persistent, prolonged rain begins Friday
- Areas of light rain persist through Saturday
- Standing water persists while rain returns
- Overnight storm could impact morning commute
- A wet Thursday as flooding concerns persist
- Showers taper as flooding concerns persist
- Rain impacts north Alabama crops
- Will rain impact your Memorial Day plans?
- Photos: Heavy rains impact North Alabama