The low pressure center of what was once Hurricane Barry is now over Arkansas. However, deep tropical moisture is mainly well east of this low. Periods of heavy rain associated with Barry will stretch all the way to the Tennessee Valley. This threat will continue the next few days until drier conditions arrive Thursday. Enough instability in the afternoon will also allow for thunderstorms, some of which may produce gusty damaging winds.
By Thursday and Friday the focus will shift to the return of heat. Afternoon highs will warm to the mid 90s by Friday for parts of the Tennessee Valley and remain in the mid 90s through this weekend. Combined with the humidity it will feel more like 105.
- Periods of heavy rain possible Monday
- Periods of heavy rain and thunderstorms Thursday
- More Heavy Rain Likely Monday
- Muggy Monday, periods of rain and storms
- Thunderstorms and periods of heavy rain through this weekend
- Heavy rain arrives tonight
- Heavy rain returns Sunday
- Periods Of Rain Continue Through Tuesday
- Periods of rain and storms continue Friday
- Heavy Rain & Thunder Likely Friday