WASHINGTON (AP) - Perdue is recalling more than 68,000 pounds (30,844 kilograms) of chicken nuggets because they may be contaminated with wood.
The gluten free Organics Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets were produced on Oct. 25 and were sold at stores nationwide. They have a UPC bar code of 72745-80656 and the establishment number of P-33944 in the US Agriculture Department inspection mark.
The USDA says Perdue received three complaints that wood was found in the nuggets.
The USDA says there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions. However, the product should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Perdue says it is recalling the product out of an abundance of caution.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Perdue recalling chicken nuggets
- Perdue recalls 31,000 pounds of chicken
- USDA: Tyson Foods panko chicken nuggets recalled
- Frozen chicken recall alert
- Almost 70,000 pounds of Tyson chicken strips recalled
- Almost 12 million pounds of Tyson chicken strips have been recalled because they might have metal
- More than 30,000 pounds of chicken products recalled for contamination-risk
- USDA: Tyson Foods recalls ready-to-eat chicken due to "foreign matter contamination"
- More than 2 million pounds of chicken products recalled in eight states