Tuesday morning, Huntsville police confirmed a pedestrian was hit and killed after they tried to cross Memorial Parkway just after 9:00 Monday night.
Lieutenant Michael Johnson with Huntsville Police said the incident happened in front of Arby's, south of Governors Drive. The person was hit in the northbound lanes, according to Lt. Johnson.
Johnson also said the first vehicle that hit the person left the scene. A second vehicle also hit the person but came back to the scene to give police a statement. Right now, police are waiting on fingerprint analysis from the FBI to determine the person's identity. They say he is a Hispanic male in his early 20's.
Police say they will provide more information about the hit-and-run as it becomes available.
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run on Memorial Parkway
- Pedestrian hit, killed in wreck on Memorial Parkway in Huntsville
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed crossing Memorial Parkway Friday night
- Pedestrian death on North Memorial Parkway raises concerns
- Memorial Parkway, Mastin Lake reopens
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Marshall County
- Car overturns on Memorial Parkway, catches fire
- 3 displaced after Memorial Parkway fire
- Truck overturns on south Memorial Parkway
- Lane closures on South Memorial Parkway