According to Rocky Harnen, a spokesperson with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, a pedestrian was hit and killed by a train around noon on Wednesday in the area of Highway 35, near County Road 183, in Woodville.
Alabama State Troopers are investigating the incident. Officials can't release the name of the deceased right now, because they're working to notify the family.
- Pedestrian hit, killed by train near HWY 35 in Woodville
- Pedestrian hit and killed by train in Athens
- Woodville school receives $25,000 technology grant
- Jackson Co. Sheriff's Office: Train derailment in Woodville caused by broken tracks
- Officials release name of Huntsville murder victim found near Woodville
- Extra security at Woodville School after verbal threat
- Pedestrian killed in Limestone County
- Pedestrian killed crossing Decatur street
- Pedestrian hit and killed on Chapman Mountain identified
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run on Memorial Parkway