The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has identified the pedestrian killed Monday as Isaac Barroso Robaina, 48.
Robaina, of Decatur, was walking in the roadway on Old Moulton Road when he was struck by a 1995 Honda about 7:58 p.m. Monday, said Senior Trooper Chuck Daniel.
The driver of the Honda was not injured and remained at the scene, Daniel said.
The crash, that occurred five miles west of Decatur, is still under investigation.
Update: Morgan County Coroner Jeff Chunn says the pedestrian was killed.
Morgan County 911 says drivers should avoid the area of Old Moulton Road near Mud Tavern Volunteer Fire Department due to a vehicle versus pedestrian wreck.
Decatur police are assisting at the scene.
Alabama State Troopers are handling the investigation of the wreck.
For live traffic alerts, click here. Stay with WAAY 31 on air and online for updates.
- Decatur man killed after car hits him walking on Old Moulton Road
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur
- Moulton man dies after motorcycle, car crash
- Moulton man arrested for forging prescriptions in Decatur
- Decatur woman killed by car
- Moulton man dies after being hit by car on I-65 near Priceville
- Moulton man killed in deadly Easter Sunday Wreck
- Decatur man hit by car shares story of recovery
- Card cloning hits Decatur
- Toney man killed in Decatur hit-and-run