The Madison County Coroner's Office has identified a woman who was killed Monday night while walking on Highway 72 at Chapman Mountain.
Madison County deputy coroner Tyler Berryhill said Rachel Hayne, 30, was pronounced dead at the scene Monday.
Huntsville police said Hayne was walking on Highway 72 when she was hit around 9:10 p.m.
Police said Hayne was wearing dark clothing and walking in an area where there were no street lights.
The driver of the vehicle that hit Hayne did consent to a blood test on the scene, police said.
No charges have been filed.
- Pedestrian hit and killed on Chapman Mountain identified
- UPDATE: Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit and killed
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian hit, killed on Memorial Parkway
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Marshall County
- UPDATE: Decatur police identify pedestrian hit by truck
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed crossing Memorial Parkway Friday night
- Huntsville police identify pedestrian killed in Whitesburg Drive wreck
- All lanes open on Highway 72 after wreck on Chapman Mountain
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Decatur wreck